The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My five day break...




Well I have had quite a memorable weekend... my weekend started last Tuesday night. It was wonderful. I watched a movie... yes, I found the time. I spent Wednesday getting ready for Thanksgiving since I was expecting 60 people at my house. I made pies with my sister in law Britt, she is a rookie so it was kind of a tough thing to do. We decided to go and see the movie Twilight. This would be my second time, Britt's first. It was so good the second time! I normally go to bed at around 8 o'clock and the movie started at 10. I really felt like I was a teenager again, well in some ways. I have heard several different opinions about the movie, but I just want to give my two cents since this is my blog and, well, just because I can, I loved it! I ended up seeing it 3 times! Yes, I just can't help it!

My Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful! I enjoyed myself so much. I love when my family come over and there isn't anything else going on except for just enjoying each other. I missed my Aunt Marsha and a few others, but I want to say that it was just a delightful day.




Colby and me just enjoying the day.







This is the lovely vegetable platter that I bought just for Thankgiving, the vegetables were good too.






Katherine and Kyla








My mom and me taking charge of the kitchen.



Well, as you can see I did have a good weekend. But I had a scary weekend too. Friday morning, Colby woke up with this weird lump on his head. He was in really bad pain so he went to urgent care. There they gave him a shot and some antibiotics. Saturday he felt worse, so again he went to urgent care. They told him there was nothing they could do, but they gave him some pain medicine. Well, keep a long story short, Monday after work he felt even worse so we went back to urgent care. They sent us to the hospital, and finally he got fixed! Now the picture you are about to see is graphic, so if you have a weak stomache, don't look!



Pretty gross, huh?


Well, it is Tuesday night and I can't tell you have excited I am to finally see my husband relaxed and not in pain. I always thank my Heavenly Father for my family's health, but not with much thought. These last couple of days I just wanted Colby to feel better so bad, I need to show more gratitude for our health. It has been a long couple of days. I feel so blessed that Colby is finally feeling somewhat better. He is on 3 different antibiotics, but at least he is not in pain and is on his way to recovery! Woo!


Now, for my final thoughts. For those of you who do not know, I have been in grad school for two years now. I am finishing my last two classes, actually my last night of school is tomorrow. I had to do several things to graduate. I had to take a multiple choice test, which I passed. But I have been waiting several weeks to get the results from ASU about my lesson plan and video. Well anyway, I found out tonight that I passed! I graduate on December 19th. I couldn't be happier, or should I say, relieved! I AM DONE WITH SCHOOL! I can't believe that those words are leaving my mouth! I AM DONE WITH SCHOOL! Here is the exact email:

Good afternoon,

The scoring committee for the Content Academy comprehensive examination has met and scored your lesson plan. I am happy to announce that you have passed all parts of the comprehensive exam! You will receive an official letter from the department chair soon. Congratulations!

I just couldn't believe it... there is my Christmas gift... this one I gave to myself.





6 comments:

Gardner Family said...

Okay, Colby's head is gross-looking. Or was anyways. Did this interfere with your grand shopping plans on Black Friday?

And about "Twilight", I've seen it twice and really enjoyed it both times. I'll be going again with my sister in a few weeks. We have to help it earn money so they can afford better special effects next time, right?

Anyways, glad Colby's okay. It was fun seeing pics of your mom. Tell her hi!

S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Congratulations Misty on receiving your masters degree! I am so proud of you.

Edna Guerrero said...

You are my hero! I wish I had it in me to get my masters. What the heck was that thing on his head? EEWW!!!

Sherry Stark said...

I love you Misty and I am proud beyond words.

Rejli Wodecki said...

Misty... You are a SUPERWOMAN!!!!!

I admire your determination & dedication. You are an inspiration to me. I am starting school soon and may deserve some encouragement from you along the way when I am being challenged.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!