The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Saturday, December 6, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

Marley officially lost her tooth! The other one is loose too, my little girl is growing up so fast. There is a cute story behind this tooth. She was so excited to show her teachers her tooth that she took it to school in a baggy. Well I guess during lunch she lost it in the cafeteria. The PE teacher that was doing lunch duty saw a 1st grader (Marley) crying over this lost tooth. See, she hadn't a chance to get money from the tooth fairy yet and she was worried that she wouldn't get any money. Coach Allen took Marley to the nurse's office and got her one of the tooth necklaces and then she wrote a letter to the tooth fairy ensuring her that she was a witness and Marley really did lose her tooth. I am not sure why this impressed me so much, but I almost started to cry. I know how busy teachers are, especially the primary teachers. Coach Allen cared enough about Marley to take time and go above and beyond a teacher's duty and for that I am grateful. This simple act of kindness not only helped a first grader to stop crying, but made her mom realize that the world is still good and people aren't always in a rush. Teachers care for all kids, that is why they have devoted their lives to teach our children.

2 comments:

S said...

Misty, That is a really great story. I just love teachers :) I can't believe she lost her tooth and right before Christmas. That is too cool. She looks so cute.

Edna Guerrero said...

How neat! I love when people go beyond the call of duty for unselfish reasons!