The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Monday, November 10, 2008

Its the time of the year again...


Here is the 26 pound Turkey!


Dedication! What are we going to buy?


Yes, Margaret got tons of deals!

Well for those of you who don't know, Thanksgiving is always held at my house. It has been a family tradition for 8 years now. So last year my family from Kansas came out and we had a house full. I found a 26 lb turkey, yes and I have the picture to prove it! Anyway, I am getting excited, because we only have a couple of more weeks before we are eating turkey and GETTING READY FOR SHOPPING! Yes, that is right! SHOP, SHOP, SHOP, until we drop or run out of money! It all starts immediately after dinner, we all surround the table and make lists! The list can contain many things we don't need, but they are such good deals we can't help ourselves! I have no idea what my kids want this year for Christmas, but whatever it is I can find it for 1/2 the price on Black Friday! We start off at Walmart, then head over to Target, some split off and go to Mervyns. When we got all of those deals we head to KOHLS where just about everything is 50% off. If you can imagine, it is like the Amazing Race reality show with a bunch of Ribordys! Every year we find ourselves exhausted standing outside Chili's waiting for it to open. It has been a family tradition to go shopping on Black Friday and I can't imagine Thanksgiving without this tradition. Last year was the first year that Colby went with me, we had so much fun. There are around 20 family members that wake up at 3 am and head out to find those deals of a life time! If you have never gone, try it, I guarantee you will be addicted! The deal last year was my Cricut, regularly $185 and found it at Walmart for $114. AWESOME!

4 comments:

Sherry Stark said...

Can't wait.....

Gardner Family said...

That sounds like such a great tradition. I'm married to Scrooge himself. I have to sneak presents into the house for months. Then, when it's time to wrap 'em, he is happy that he didn't have to go shopping. Actually, he doesn't really like wrapping them either. I'm lucky if he even leaves the house at all on Black Friday.But what would you expect from a guy that doesn't like Disneyland?

Edna Guerrero said...

Whoa! I think Debra and I are married to the same man! Way creepy! ha ha. You know, I have NEVER done the early morning black friday shopping, it seems to crazy for me. I might have to follow you around to see what it's all about.

the little Vinings ; ) said...

Cute blog! I happen to see your family name on another person's blog and thought I would say hello, and see what you've been up to. Your blog is so cute, and I can't beleive the twins are even old enough to have been baptised! WOW! Time flies!