The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thankful...

Well, as of Friday Colby is considered the Senior class in the police academy, wow! In the past, Colby and I have truly endured our share of challenges, but by far this has been the most difficult. In August I was thinking about not continuing my education because he was starting this program, but with some encouragement from friends I decided that I would take the last two classes to finish grad school. Well, in the middle of the semester I decided that I wasn't going to graduate because I didn't have the time to meet all of the other requirements for graduation. But, again with some encouragement, I decided a week before my lesson was due that I would give it a try. Well, enough said, I meet all of the requirements and I am graduating on Friday. I just am so thankful that I have so many encouraging friends and family that surround me. A lady from work sent me an email that read,
You truly are my hero!!! To have the strength, determination, patience, and fortitude to complete your Master’s Degree while WORKING FULL TIME, RAISING FOUR CHILDREN, and KEEPING YOUR HUSBAND HAPPY (and doing it ALL without drinking)…….you deserve to be on a postage stamp!! I am so proud of you and so happy for you that it is DONE!!!! Congratulations!! Love, Karen
I thought a lot about what she said and I thought to myself, "I didn't do it alone. I don't do anything alone. I couldn't have done it without my Heavenly Father. I have lived on my knees for the last 4 months pleading with him to give me strength. And the only reason why Colby and I are where we are is completely prayer."
I have to testify that I know he answers our prayers, and if you ever wonder look around and you will find the proof. There is no doubt that we have received several blessings in 2008, but I am looking forward to it coming to an end. I hope that 2009 will be a healing year, for our country and family.

3 comments:

Edna Guerrero said...

You Rock and I bow to you! HONEST! You always seem to amaze me. You are the best example a mother can be! I absolutely admire and Love you Misty! On Christmas day, we aren't doing anything until 5 pm when we are getting together at my in laws.

Kenna said...

Congratulations!!!! Way to go girl! Keep up the awesome work you do and have a Very Merry Christmas!

Edna Guerrero said...

I wish I could make it to your grad fiesta, but my family is getting to gether that night for all of the December b-days.

FYI... I changed my blog address to LaFamiliaCole.blogspot.com