The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Reflection on 2008...

As we are approaching the end of 2008, I have been doing some reflecting on this year. We have had the biggest year of our marriage. Colby quit his job he had for 11 years, with the economy being the worst we have ever seen. This seemed not only scary, but in some ways stupid. But he did it in May. I have to say that I realized this year that his faith is stronger than mine. I spent a month crying and being scared out of my mind, but he kept it together saying it would be okay. Well, you all know what happens, he gets hired on with the City of Phoenix as a police recruit. Wow, what a blessing! He knew... he just knew.
We have had so many blessings this year. From real life changing blessings, to simple "wow, someone is looking out for us" blessings. Some of those life changing blessings are Colby's new job and me graduating with my master degree. Here are some pictures of my graduation.


It's over! Thank goodness! Woo Hoo! Can you believe it? Misty Jeanette Holt, M.Ed.???? Who knew?

The true Holt family!

My kids are the reason I returned to school. I wanted them to know that anything is possible. I wrote on my cap to remind them that this one was for them.

I am so grateful for this day and this moment. Which reminds me to tell you about one of those "wow, someone is looking out for us" blessings. Colby is not allowed to take any day off while he is in the academy. So the entire time I was planning on graduating, we both knew he wouldn't be able to come because it was on a Friday @ 9:00AM. This made me really sad and almost made me not want to walk. He has a schedule for each week the whole time he is in the academy. The week before my graduation he looked at his schedule and for some reason it was a 4 - 10 (4 days 10 hours)schedule that week and that week only, which meant he had that Friday off. On December 19th it simply read "Day off". He had my graduation off! What, are you kidding????? No I am not! He was able to come to my graduation, wow, someone is looking out for us! It was a just another reminder that our Heavenly Father loves us and is looking out for us yet again. Some things that even seem impossible He makes them happen. Wow.

Well, as another year ends and 2009 begins, I know that this year will be filled with great memories, life changing blessings, and of course "wow, someone is looking out for us" blessings. Colby graduates from the academy on January 19th. Please pray for us. He has several different test that he must pass, and he is really stressed out. I know that soon I will posting his graduation pictures, and I have to say that it will be a far greater accomplishment than I have ever done. He has worked harder in the last 5 months than I ever have. He is amazing. My love has grown so much for him this year. I am so blessed to have him as my husband.

Oh I almost forgot, another life changing blessing that I had this year was becoming an aunt, how could I forget that????? Here is a picture of the little miracle!

No comments: