The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The wait is over...



The wait is finally over... my brother is a daddy... never thought I would say those words. I am so excited to finally be an aunt. This has been such an emotional week so far. Kenny is going to be an amazing father... he just loves this little guy. For those of you who don't know my brother has been told his whole life that he would never be a father. With the advancement of medical technology, my brother now gets to enjoy the pleasure and blessing of being a dad. Parenthood is something that I have taken for granted, and I do believe that all babies, no matter how they get here, are so precious. But, I must say that when I look at Ryder, I stare in amazment. I think about what it took to get him here, and how grateful I am that this all came about. The Lord has really blessed me this week. I feel forever indebted to my Heavenly Father for giving me a nephew, and more importantly, giving my brother a son. Oh, I think I forgot to mention all the stats... we named him Kenneth Floyd Carden IV "Ryder". He weighed 7lbs 15.4 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Britt worked really hard to get him here, 30 hours of labor and finally an emergency c section. She was quite the trooper! And the payoff of all the work, she got a baby that looks just like her!

1 comment:

Edna Guerrero said...

Oh gosh.. You are actually an aunt! Yippe!!! I get so emotional seeing Kenny looking at HIS baby. What a miracle and amazing blessing it is to know that he is a dad! WOW! Who would have thought?!?!