The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall at the Holt's house








I was looking around my house thinking of how much I love the fall. These pictures I took today while I was walking around my house. I love to decorate with my garland and special wreaths. I love the smells of the fall and I always spend money around this time of the year at Bath and Body works getting all the oils that help my house smell like the Fall. Growing up, my mother always had candy in a candy jar around Halloween. So of course, I have to fulfill the tradition! I have a special candy dish that is filled with candy the whole month of October. I even bought one for my desk at school. For the last couple of weekends I have been waking up real early and sitting out on my porch swing to watch the sun come up. For me, it is something that I always took for granted when I was a stay at home mom. Now I just love going out and enjoying the great weather. I always make these special cookies everyday after church. My kids know that Halloween is coming when I make these cookies. I also love the Fall because I know that is that much closer to Christmas. Even though my life isn't what I wanted it to be, and I am under a lot of stress, I am trying to make this time of year as happy as I can. I am usually glowing this time of year and loving every minute of it... I still am, but a little more hesitant because I am afraid of the future. I hate not know what life is going to be like a year from now. The sacrafices we are making right now will pay off. We will have a better life in the long run. And when I say a better life, I don't mean more "treasures", but security.
I love this time of year, and hope everyone else does too.

3 comments:

Kenna said...

I too love this time of year! Thanks for sharing some of your traditions!

Edna Guerrero said...

Yup.. fall is my favorite time of year. I think that you would be less stressed if you were to bake me some yummy fall cookies. So come on.. what are you waiting for... get to baking young lad!

Unknown said...

Misty, while reading this post, I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I, too, love the fall, and I also love Christmas. But the tears came from the part about not knowing where you will be in a year from now. I have felt that way many times. The only words of encouragement I can give you are these: No matter where you are in a year from now, you know now that you will be with your family and you will still have many people around you that love you that you can always lean on if you need to, including us. Keep up the good, hard work. I have faith in you guys. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.