The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Is it summer yet?

As I have always been taught that trials only make us stronger, I find myself afraid to ask the question, "How much more?" I am afraid because I don't feel like I can handle much more. In the last year, every time I "survive" a tough time, right around the corner seems like another one just waiting. I don't want to sound like I am complaining (but I am) and I know that everyone has their own battles that they are fighting, but when is the stress going to be lifted from me? I said something today to a friend of mine, I said, "Sometimes I wish I could just go back to my life as a stay at home mom. Things were simple, life was easy, I had less stress." Hopefully I am not offending anyone out there, but I do yearn for those days when all I stressed about was what I was making for dinner, getting the laundry done, paying the bills, finishing my crafts, getting kids ready for school, taking care of kids, walking in the mornings with Lucinda, mopping twice a week, deep clean, magnify my calling, taking kids to baseball and dance, and grocery shopping. Now I get to still stress out about all of those things above, plus work full time which requires me to leave my house at 6:30 in the morning and returning at 5:00 on a good day. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to stay at home with my children for 8 years, but life is ever changing... now I get to be grateful that I have been blessed with the opportunity to get an education, work (with so many out of a job, I hate to say that I am not grateful for mine:) and to have a job that allows me to still spend time with my kids. I am getting to a place now where I am ready for summer I guess... teaching is like being pregnant, at first I get so excited about what to look forward too, new kids, new year, and by the end of the nine months I just want it to be over with. AIMS is next week, and things just get really stressful around campus. I just have to let it go...

7 comments:

Edna Guerrero said...

Oh Misty.. I hear you! With AIMS next week has been super stressful on my end as well. I am mentally exhausted with school - so I do know what you mean. I'll light a candle for you! Maybe a girls night out would do us good?

S said...

Hey Mist,
About a month ago I was thinking the same type of thing about life...how much more??...A brother from the ward and a high council member stopped by our house to visit. While they were hear they shared a story about how they learned to deal with things...He said that as we go through life, Heavenly Father gives us situations...when we get through them not only do they make us stronger but it builds your relationship with him. Heavenly Father sees your faith grow but he said his trust in you also grows....So as he trust you more, he gives you more. I always thought of hard situations as faith growing experiences but I never thought of them as Heavenly Father's faith in me growing. Heavenly Father has you teaching for a reason and he must have a lot of faith in you. So stress is never going to end but it is because whatever the situation Heavenly Father trust you enough to get through it.

Misty Holt said...

Wow, thanks Sharon... I believe that! I have never heard it put that way before... thank you.

Sherry Stark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry Stark said...

Nicely put Sharon.

Misty, I always, always try to put a positive spin on everything thing you say- every situation. Today, I'm just not feeling it. Sometimes I think life just sucks, life is not fair and maybe nice guys really do finish last.

Kathy Fasci said...

If he brings you to it,He will see you through it!

Gardner Family said...

I don't know how working moms do it. I guess I work too. But at least it's from home and it's not full-time. Hang in there!