The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Thursday, July 17, 2008

School is supposed to be out for SUMMER!

Ok, so I am trying so hard not to be negative. My friend Rejili lectured me for hours about having a positve attitude, but I have to tell you how much I am so feakin' sick of school. I haven't had a summer off since 2003. Yeah, think about how long ago that was. I have been in school and enrolled in every semester including summer since January of 2004. This is really becoming a sickening thing. (Is sickening a word? That is why I teach math :)
Having a positive attitude does work (in addition to prayers). Colby passed his polygraph yesterday for the Phoenix Police Department. We are so excited... not sure what the next step is, but we are already focusing on the Police Academy (Rejili, we are picturing it in our heads). Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts.
Anyway, this is my last day being twenty something. I told Colby that he has one more day to enjoy with his 29 year old wife, because tomorrow he is married to an old hag. I can't believe that I am the big 30, and to top it off I am going to the dentist to get 3 crowns put on... wow I am freakin' old.
But, on a positive note, I hear that 30 is the new 20. Right? Well look out 30's because I rocked my 20's! I had 4 kids, got a bachelors and started grad school. I will begin my 30's by graduating with a Masters, I am kind of scarying myself. I am new to this blog thing, but I think it is starting to make me a little conceited. Ha!

4 comments:

Misty Holt said...

I was so kidding about the conceited thing... I need to look over my writing before I hit post!

Unknown said...

Misty - First of all, you have every right to be conceited! You rock! Look at all you have accomplished (while raising a family). You are awesome! Supermom! With that said, just remember that after this year, you will have every summer after that free as can be! I would wish you luck, but you don't need it... Keep up the good work and just remember what your rewards are! Love you - Janice

Edna Guerrero said...

Come on Misty... EVERYONE know that you have always be the most conceited of all! hee hee.. Be proud of yourself you old hag!

S said...

First of all, I dont know how you did it. But it truly is almost over and you will be so glad you did it when it is all done. Since I am slowly catching up to you in the kid department and knowing how busy I am, I dont know how you did it. I truly admire you for it. If I ever go back to school and lose my mind, you will be the person I look to for help. Make sure you enjoy this weekend. Here is to your next thirty years :) Love ya!