The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Sunday, November 29, 2009

What time brings...


The boys headed to Turkey Bowl

Thankful for my son
Since the first year of my marriage, I have spent Thanksgiving morning putting on a turkey with the help of Ofc. Holt, then there he goes... he is off to relive some high school memories, playing football. Every year he comes home with war stories, which has always included being yelled at by Bro. Finell, and a few others for playing too "rough". This year was a special year, it was the first year our son got to go. He is finally at an age where Ofc. Holt says that he can "handle it". I told Ofc. Holt that Bub could only go if they were going to be on the same team (I DO listen to all of those war stories). Anyway, they had a lot of fun, and if anyone's husband complained about mine, I really am sorry.

2 comments:

Sherry Stark said...

I love these pictures of Colby & Bub. Can't believe how grown up my "Friday Night Son" has gotten. I miss him coming over. I miss the "Aunt Sherry, you know what's weird...." and the driving through McDonalds and leaving if they didn't have "boy toys" Time goes way too fast!

Misty Holt said...

I know... it is so weird how much time has gone by. I know he will remember those days forever. I realized a couple of days ago that we are probably coming down to the last couple of Christmases where Katherine and Jes will come over on Christmas Eve. Katherine will probably be not that into it, starting her own family, and Jes isn't going to come because it won't be cool. I reflected on Thanksgiving and realized that there were probably a few people I don't have very much longer to spend my life with, so I am glad I choose them to spend my holidays with.