The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Time for giving thanks...

This is the month for giving thanks. Even though I am guilty of jumping into Christmas a little too soon, I really love the month of November to reflect on all of my blessings. I have a lot to be thankful for this year, as I have every year. I have 4 healthy children who are the whole reason I wake up in the morning. They are so important to me and I can't imagine life with out them. I am so thankful for my amazing husband, who undoubtedly is my best friend. We have SOME time alone, and when we are, we talk about life and how fast it has gone by. We still dream together, and that is the best part. I am thankful for my parents. I am at an age where I really appreciate all that they have done and still do for me. They are great. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and food on the table when so many others are struggling. I am thankful that I have a job that I love and enjoy, my dream job. I am thankful my husband has a job that he loves and talks about ALL the time :) I am thankful for my church calling. I can't imagine serving anywhere else. The young women in my ward are truly delightful daughters of God. They are examples to me every Sunday. I am thankful that I get to drive a car with heat and air conditioning, quiet, and dependable because for so many years I didn't.
I am thankful that I have had the chance to spend another year on this earth to raise my children and to continue building a life with my husband. There are so many things I have to be thankful for, but it is 2 til' four and I am going home.

2 comments:

Edna Guerrero said...

Misty!!!! You are amazing! If I were younger... my wish would be to be like you when I grew up. Oh who am I kidding... even though I'm older.. I still want to be like you if I ever mature!

Sherry Stark said...

You deserve ALL of your blessings!

Funny thing, I read and re-read your blog and the paragraph detailing how thankful you are for your aunt sherry must have been in really tiny print. I think there is an "edit" button so you should be able to fix that.

I love you,
Aunt Sher