The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Monday, January 19, 2009

2009, year for Miracles...


Well, I am thinking that this is going to be an amazing year for me, my family, our state (Go Cards), and our country. I am very OPTIMISTIC this year. Friday, January 16th, 2009 will be a day I will never ever forget. It was like watching a movie, something that I could only imagine, but it was real and happening before my very eyes. Colby graduated, and I got to pin his badge on him. He is truly my HERO. Not because of his line of work, but this is a man that never gave up. He had a lot against him, but he persevered and succeeded. My testimony of PRAYER, fasting, and priesthood blessings have grown tremendously in the last 9 months. Now that my husband goes to work everyday and puts his life on the line, I will have to pray even more. I KNOW that my Heavenly Father loves me and my family. Wow, words just cannot describe how I feel. All I can say is if you ever wanted something, or wanted to become something, I know that ANYTHING is possible. I am a BELIEVER of hard work. 7 years ago today, I was pregnant, expecting my fourth child. We were financially strapped not because of debt, but because of construction and results of 9/11. Here I am 7 years later, I have a master degree, Colby is a Phoenix Police Officer, my kids are all in school, and I finally have financial stability in my life. Anything is possible if you have FAITH.

3 comments:

Sherry Stark said...

WOW is definitely an understatement!
Love you both-
I'm working on my "faith" if you have any left over - send it my way :)

Aunt Sher

Kathy said...

Congratulaitons Colby! I am so proud of both you and Misty for your accomplishments! Way to go!!!!! I know the acadamy was not easy but you did it! Good for you!

Gardner Family said...

Yay!!! Bless your little hearts.