The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Humble and somber presence...


Today has been a very challenging, emotional, humbling, and solemn day. The day after a presidential election. I watched a historical moment as I laid on my couch last night after waiting in line for over 2 ½ hours to vote for a man that wasn’t elected president. I have never felt so nervous about a person being elected for president, Barack Obama… which takes a lot for me to even say because I don’t want people to think it is about the color of his skin. I loved McCain… but now it is time for me to support my country and the decision we made. I will support Barack Obama as my president. I will follow McCain and I will in "not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together." - Senator McCain. I love this country, and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for being born in a free country. I am thankful that I live in a country that allows me to vote and voice my opinion. I am thankful that women before me had the courage to fight and rally so that I could have the right to vote. I love my country, I am proud to be an American. I am proud to be an American Woman. I know that people like me are feeling disheartened this morning, but if we love this country, we will pull together and accept the choice that the majority of the American People made. I want Obama to be successful; I do not wish him failure. Our country depends on whether or not he can or will follow through with the “change” he promised.
I am proud of the fact that now our country can say that we are not a racist country. This is something I have always felt to be true, last night it was confirmed.

2 comments:

Gardner Family said...

Just jumpin' around on blogs and lo and behold, I found ya!
Can't get over Kennedy. Tell her hi and give her a big squeeze for me!
Hope all is well with everyone. Come visit me on my blog :)

Sherry Stark said...

Great blog Misty. The only way we'll move forward is by moving together. I don't remember ever feeling so unsure about where this country is headed. I too pray that Obama is successful, if not, he isn't the loser, the American people are.