The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday afternoon...

Well it is Sunday afternoon and I have had another exhausting weekend. I was hoping to relax before the big day on Wednesday (I return to my second home... my classroom). I have to report back to work... I am actually excited! I always get excited about school, it is new and everyone has butterflies in their stomach, woo hoo! I definitely know what it is like having butterflies. I have spent this entire summer dealing with ups and downs. I have been trying to stay positive and it has worked. As everyone knows, in May, Colby quit his job he had for 11 years and decided he wanted to try out for the police department. We have experienced the biggest trial in our marriage. We have lived off of less than 50% of his weekly income, I have entertained my kids with little or no money for the summer, and still managed to fill up my gas tank. We spent many days just staying home and doing little things, oh, and I completed 6 credits towards my masters (I keep forgetting that I did that:). Colby has finished all of the test (all 9 of them) and slimmed down 20 pounds in the process. He has given it his all and I have had to just watch. I have always been the one preparing and taking test, it has been very hard watching him go through it on his own. Well, anyway, Saturday he took his last test, and now we sit and wait to see if he will be hired on as a police recruit. We have prayed, fasted, prayed, and prayed again that the Lord will grant us this opportunity to serve the City of Phoenix. As I sat helpless on Saturday wondering if he answered all of the questions right, I felt so alone. We have our whole future riding on this simple "ok" and it was now out of our hands. He did everything he could and now I had to be brave enough to hand it over to the Lord. That sounds so easy, but it has been hard. I ask that you can keep us in your prayers, we should hear something this week. I will make sure I post what happens. Hope all is well...

3 comments:

Edna Guerrero said...

Yay! Best of luck to Colby! It's midnight and I can't sleep! I am way excited and nervous and what not because I start school tomorrow and I should be sleeping but I just can't. AGGHH! Those buterflies really get to ya don't they!

S said...

Tell Colby we said good luck. We are praying for the best and if he gets the job, you will be on our permanent prayer list. Have a great week. See ya guys on Friday for Game Night.

Misty Holt said...

Thank you both... my parents gave us tickets to the diamond backs game for Friday night... I know you understand... thanks!