The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Friday, July 3, 2009

GO NAVY!


Well another girls camp has come and gone... of course it was a blast. As I reflect on girls camp this year, I learned a lot about myself, witnessed amazing teamwork, and once again felt the spirit of Christ.


Rejli put on an uplifting program on Sunday night, there is not a doubt in my mind that the message that night will be remembered by the girls for many years. It is special people like Rejli Woodecki and Janet Bencomo that dedicate their time and life to service, and in turn the young woman of this stake will grow testimonies from programs like Girls Camp @ Camp Lo Mia.


I watched Sister Chancellor work non stop for five days cooking for nearly 140 people, just amazing, of course she didn't do it alone, but let me tell you, she is the BOSS.:) The teamwork was extraordinary. We live in a world that is selfish and self-centered, it was refreshing to see the people helping each other out. I couldn't have survived the week without Tobie Stevens. She was my right arm. Thanks Tobie.


About learning something about myself, well again, I learned that people who are just "nice" get further in life, and if they don't get further, they are just a little bit happier. I have been accused of being too passive, but I have to say it's better here in "passive" land, I like it.


Some of my greatest memories I have are from my youth. I love thinking about Camp Lo Mia, I made a life long best friend there, Amanda Bartlett. I strengthened my testimony by embracing the words spoken by my leaders and following their example. I will be forever indebted to my leaders. It was now time for me to return those favors, or pass it on.

1 comment:

Edna Guerrero said...

For sure.. camp from my youth has great memories! That is actually where I became friends with Tobie.. holy crapola.. that was 24 years ago when I met her. YIKES.. she's old! I wish I would have been there this year.. but I guess me and my shot glasses had to stay home.