The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm a loser baby... so why don't cha

I feel so bad that I have allowed to get myself off the blogging track.  Mostly for myself that I haven't kept track of the important events of the last few months.  Here is a break down...

February - Found out Phx was laying off cops... oh dear, not good.  Very stressed.  However, exercising at least 3 times a week.  Bub made the JV Baseball team at school and Kennedy made it in the play... very proud of both of them.
He looks so much like his father.

March - Marley's birthday.  Turned 8.  Disappointed at the fact that she will be the only Holt child not baptized on her birthday, new rules.  Towards the end of the month, found out Ofc. Holt's job had been saved.  2% sales tax and some other cuts, there were not police or fire layoffs.  I got braces... they sucked, but helped me loose more weight.  I officially lost 25 pounds at this point.  Family reunion was great!  No pics, unfortunately!  Forgot camera.  Lost a dear friend, Jacob Whetten in Afghanistan.  RIP Jacob.  I am now reminded daily of a soldiers sacrifice for my freedom.  I placed a collage of Jacob's photos next to the American Flag that hangs in my classroom.  It reminds me to take a second and remember those who "gave all".


April - Got our family photos done!  Finally!  We haven't had a family photo professionally done in 8 years!  Scary!  Here's a few: all photos were taken by Rejli Woodeki

Marley's baptism.  I have never seen a kid more excited to be baptized.  She is great! 


Ofc. Holt and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.  I took the day off and we hung out in downtown Glendale.  Awesome.

May - Last month of school.  A great and exciting time for me.  I love that last stretch with my students and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :)  The twins celebrated their 11th birthday... totally amazing.




 Here is a collage I was working on... these two are best buddies.
 It was a great month.  We finished up school and went on a short vacation without Ofc. Holt.  We went to Texas and visited with my family.  I will post pics later.

June - So far we have spent at least two days a week at wet n wild.  It is a blast!  We love it.  I have been enjoying hanging out with my cousin Jenel and catching up.  Also went to girls camp.  It was fun. I loved being incharge of crafts! 
The month isn't over. Ofc. Holt is taking a week off and we are going somewhere... not sure where we are going, but we are going on a vacation!  I will post pics!  I have been working on some math curriculum this month, which has been an honor to work with 3 other amazing women, and just for the record, women are amazing!  I am going to try my best to update my regularly... I don't know if I can do it daily, but at least once a week.

2 comments:

Gardner Family said...

I LOVE your family pics! We seriously need to get some done, too.
I hope you go somewhere fun on your vacation. You totally deserve it.

Sherry Stark said...

Your latest post was worth waiting for & I love your new background :)
Awesome pictures to0.


Now, no more slacking on the blog!