The Incredible Holts

The Incredible Holts
copyright@ Rejli Photography

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wow, braces have done wonders!

Okay, even though Colby II has had his braces off for some time now, I still thought that I should post some before and afters.












Before (yikes :)











After :)


He will have to get braces again, but for now at least my son can smile without being so self-conscience. I know that I am giving him a gift that he will be grateful for the rest of his life. A beautiful smile is priceless.





Funny story... Colby II is currently wearing two retainers. At school he wrapped his retainers into a napkin (which I have told him several times not to do because he will throw them away:) So guess what he did? Yep, he threw them away. The cafeteria aid told me the story. Colby walks up to her and says, "Mrs. Scott, I think I threw my retainers in the trash can?" She said as soon as he finished his sentence he fell to his knees gripping onto the trash can, bawling his eyes out saying, "My mom is going to kill me!" Now, as Mrs. Scott is telling me the story, I can't help but laugh (I am not mad because I know that if they hadn't found them she wouldn't be some calm telling me the story.) She told me that she calmed him down and reassured him that I wouldn't kill him. They started looking through the trash and viola, found the retainers, she saved his life :)

4 Holts with braces = a lot of debt. two more to go.

2 comments:

Gardner Family said...

Hallie threw her retainer in the trash (also wrapped in a napkin) and we never found it. She still lives today, but boy was I mad! Luckily she was about to go to the next "phase" and only needed that retainer for another month. Darn kids!!!

Lewisfamily said...

when i read the part about colby throwing his retainers away. i laughed so hard. so thank you i havent laughed that hard in a while.